Patient dies after X-Ray blunder
ONE patient died and 13 others were seriously affected by an overdose of X-ray radiation at a hospital in Epinal, north-east France.
However, staff then explained to newcomers how to operate the programmes, who later explained to subsequent trainees, and so on. To add to the confusion, the procedures were all in English.
Eventually, an incorrect default setting was made that resulted in a number of patients being given overdoses of between 20% and 40%.
The patient who died was suffering from prostate cancer and some of the other 13 affected have had colostomies as a result of damage to their intestines.
Product of the month
Versatile connectivity and ease-of-use provide a range of benefits ...
Carestream has implemented companion views in its digital ...
Radiologie Herrsching setzt auf die Nadel-Leuchtstoff-Technologie ...