Carestream shows latest imaging innovations
At ECR 2012 Carestream Health will showcase a raft of new products and services designed to help radiology professionals improve patient care. These include new healthcare IT offerings, advanced features for its medical and dental/ENT imaging systems and a mobile X-ray imaging system.
• The CARESTREAM DRX-Revolution Mobile X-Ray System: a works-in-progress* X-ray system designed for capturing medical images of seriously ill or injured patients in the ER, ICU and operating suites. This mobile imaging system will contain innovative features and functionality to improve the capture of bedside images
• The second generation of Carestream’s wireless, cassette-size CARESTREAM DRX Detector, which is now available worldwide. This lighter detector displays a preview image in less than four seconds to streamline radiology workflow. An optional three-second exposure mode improves medical imaging of larger patients and enhances image quality for healthcare providers with lower power X-ray generators. Carestream’s electronic digital radiography detector captures medical images in seconds so physicians can immediately begin treatment. These detectors are used to image patients in the ER, ICU, radiology department and outpatient imaging centres.
• A new works-in-progress* service that will empower patients to view their own medical imaging data and share it with their physicians using secure cloud computing data storage and transmission technologies. This service, part of CARESTREAM Vue Cloud Services, is designed to eliminate the need for patients to carry medical imaging exams to physicians on CDs, DVDs or X-ray film
• Powerful radiology information system (RIS) and picture archiving and communications system (PACS) platforms that can streamline workflow, boost productivity and reduce operating costs for healthcare providers of all sizes. These systems manage all elements of radiology imaging from patient and staff exam scheduling to the sharing, viewing, distribution and storage of X-ray images
• Specialised workstations that allow radiologists and other specialists to read general radiology and breast imaging exams captured on MRI, CT, ultrasound and other types of medical imaging systems. These fully featured workstations can improve productivity and expedite reporting of patient exams
• The DRYVIEW Chroma Imager – a versatile digital printer that outputs black-and-white and colour X-ray images onto film for diagnosis or paper for use by referring physicians. This printer makes it possible for patients to see a paper printout of an X-ray image that displays the cause of their illness or condition when they consult with their physician
• The CS 9300 System - a high-quality cone beam CT (CBCT) and true panoramic imaging system for ENT and dental indications. The system can be used for a variety of ENT and dental applications – including sinus, temporal bone and maxillofacial exams; dental implantology; oral surgery; orthodontics; periodontics and endodontics. The CS 9300 also offers a cost-effective way to offload ENT and dental CT
• Imaging specialist, Dr. med. Klaus-Josef Frank, will be Carestream’s special guest on Sunday March 4th, from 10,00am to 4.00pm. In April 2011 Dr Frank was the first radiologist to purchase Carestream’s new CS 9300 and since then has worked closely with Carestream on product development. Dr Frank will bring his expertise to the Carestream booth where he will answer questions or concerns about the use and integration of a Dental and ENT Cone Beam CT unit into workflow.
More information about him and his practice can be found on the following website (German).
Product of the month
Versatile connectivity and ease-of-use provide a range of benefits ...
Carestream has implemented companion views in its digital ...
Radiologie Herrsching setzt auf die Nadel-Leuchtstoff-Technologie ...